Community Leadership Roles
The 2011 MKP Canada East Council Members are:
|Jean-Marc Bouchard||Center Director|
|Steve Adams||Finance Coordinator|
|Jean-François Picard||Community coordinator|
|Jean-François Larose||Outreach coordinator|
|Brian Richardson||LKS Representative|
|Drury Heffernan||Leader’s Body|
|Bob Antonik||Elder’s Body|
|Bruce Rosove||i-Groups Coordinator|
|Guy Desfossés||Mission Coordinator|
The roles of each of the Council Members are:
- To hold King energy for the Centre, maintaining the vision and providing strategic direction.
- Propose and develop agendas for Centre and council meetings.
- Conduct Centre and council meetings.
- Ensure accountability of council members and support council members to the responsibilities of their positions and to the commitments they have made.
- To oversee the mentoring process so that all council positions have
one or more successors receiving active mentorship.
- Serve as political and public representative of the Mankind Project
and the community at large, or designating a man or men to
perform these role under his direction.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual operating plan and budget with the Treasurer and other responsible executive council members.
- In coordination with the Council will fill any vacant position in the
most expeditious manner possible.
- Maintain vigilance and identify Multi-Cultural issues within the community
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to greater MKP organization Multi-Cultural Chair
Lodge Keeper Society Representative
- Coordinating community sweat lodges – schedules, materials, location
- Act as contact for lodge inquiries & announce lodge activity to Est Canada East community
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to Canada and greater MKP organization Lodge Keeper Society
Elder Council Chair
- Chair MKP Est Canada East Elder Council
- Advise MKP Est Canada East Leaders on individual and community issues (Shadow Chair)
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to Canada Elder Council and greater MKP organization
- Coordinate Integration trainings for MKP Est Canada East – schedules, administration, staffs
- Assist men in staffing Integration trainings, both local and the greater MKP organization
- Assist men integrating into MKP Est Canada East I-Groups
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to greater MKP organization I-Group Council and gatherings
- Facilitate Outreach and Enrollment efforts by each man in MKP Est Canada East
- Organize Homecoming and other MKP Est Canada East community gatherings
- Keep Outreach in community consciousness at meetings and communications
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to greater MKP organization Outreach Chair and gatherings
- Responsible for maintaining community funds with accounting & reporting at scheduled business meetings
- Gather funds from I-Group treasurers and disburse approved expenses
- Coordinate scholarship funds for Est Canada East men attending NWTA’s
- Reporting of MKP Est Canada East activity to MKP Canada treasurer
- Create minutes of meetings and record Leadership Team activity and decisions
- Act as MKP Est Canada East information resource for leaders and community
- Maintain community contact list (and administer MKP Est Canada East web activity w/Communications Coord)
- Coordinate MKP Est Canada East business meetings and activities
- Act as contact for MKP Est Canada East to local community
- Manage MKP Est Canada East leaders to fulfill roles and responsibilities
- Represent MKP Est Canada East to MKP Canada Center Director and greater MKP organization